Thank you for your interest in bringing your youth group to War Eagle Mill. We welcome this opportunity to share this historic and tasty experience with you and the children in your group!
We welcome school groups, church groups, Scouts or any group looking to immerse children in a learning and fun historical environment.
We offer activity sheets with basic information on the process of grinding the “old” way. Field trips are subject to mutual scheduling.
We will ask you for detailed information so we can make sure your students have an incredible experience at War Eagle Mill!
Here are some things the group will be invited to do during their visit:
- Explore the Mill grounds, including the beautiful War Eagle Valley and War Eagle Creek. Watch our powerful water wheel grinding corn into flour.
- Listen to the stories of our experienced millers describe the past and the operations of equipment.
- Learn about the history of Native American and Civil War events. Be prepared to be touched by the love story of War Eagle and his bride. Learn about the Blackburn, how they built the first Mill in 1832, and discover how it was such an important part of the community culture.
- Top off the tour with a home-cooked meal from our third floor Restaurant. Please refer to the enclosed kid’s group menu for options and rates. Our restaurant can sit up to 40 guests at a time. For larger groups, please plan on two sittings.
Our tours are FREE and include the following:
- A historical overview of our Mill, its location, significance and its effect on the community.
- Education on the stone buhr milling process and its preservation of essential oils, vitamins and minerals.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 479-789-5343 ext. 218.