Craving something naturally sweet without all the added sugar? Bring on the honey with WEM Yummy Honey Nut Bread Mix and WEM Natural Honey for these delectable sweet treats!
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast from bread mix in very warm water (110 degrees)
- Melt butter and honey together in small saucepan or microwave. Cool slightly.
- Add to yeast bowl along with lightly beaten egg and salt.
- Add WEM Yummy Honey Nut Bread Mix plus the All-Purpose Flour.
- Beat on medium speed of mixer for 3 minutes or by hand until well blended.
- With dough hook attachment, knead dough 8 minutes on low speed. Or turn out on a floured surface and
- knead until smooth and elastic. 5-8 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl turning over once.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. About 1 1/2 hours.
- Coat a large baking sheet with low sides with non-stick spray or vegetable oil.
- Melt topping ingredients together except for pecans.
- Pour on to the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over honey mixture.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide in half and turn 1/2 out on to a floured surface.
- Roll into a rectangle approximately 8 X 12 inches by 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread filling butter evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle cinnamon next then honey or sugar.
- Roll lengthwise, sealing long edge and ends by pinching together.
- With a very sharp knife, slice into 1″ pieces.
- Place on baking pan leaving 1/2” between rolls. They will fill only 1/2 the pan.
- Turn out the second 1/2 of dough and repeat process placing on prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm price for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and invert onto another baking pan so sticky pecans are on top.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Feel free to use a smaller pan and only half the topping ingredients. Bake one half and save the rest by freezing the second half of rolled-up dough. To bake frozen dough: thaw, slice, place on prepared pan and let rise in a warm place. Bake as usual.