A quick, easy to prepare, and very tasty bread that can be served with any meal. Add more sugar for dessert muffins or serve at tea time! This recipe lends itself to endless, simple variations!
Hands-on Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients stirring just enough to blend.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Variations: Increase sugar to 3 tablespoons and add 1 cup your choice of blueberries, chopped apples, pineapple or 1/2 cup dried cranberries, apricots, or raisins. Other additions: 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, or sunflower seeds.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Fruits and nuts are a wonderful addition to this recipe.