This is a thin, chewy pancake. For a fluffier, lighter cake, add 1/2 teaspoon more baking powder.
Hands-on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 3-6 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 14-16 pancakes
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg, honey, oil, and milk. Mix well.
- Spray griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and set on medium heat.
- Spoon by tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle.
- Flip pancakes when the surface begins to bubble and cook on the second side.
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES:
Use 1/12 cups buttermilk instead of sweet milk and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- RAISIN PANCAKES: Fold in 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries.
- NUTTY PANCAKES: Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- BLUEBERRY PANCAKES: Fold in 3/4 cup fresh or thawed, drained frozen blueberries.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with your favorite topping: butter, peanut butter, maple syrup, honey, sorghum, jam, or fresh fruit and whipped cream.