Use half blue cornmeal and half yellow cornmeal for a fun twist on traditional cornbread!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add drippings or oil to 8-10 inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan and put in the oven while it is preheating.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in milk, egg, and honey.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour excess oil into the batter. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet and return to oven.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm.