This decadent layered chocolate cake is the only recipe you need. It’s moist and fudgy with a delicious chocolate flavor.
• 2 cups sugar
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup oil
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1/2 cup butter softened
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 pinch salt
• 6-8 Tbsp milk
Optional: Add a few strawberries or raspberries to side as an accent to the chocolate cake and frosting.
1. Line two 9" round pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Whisk together the WEM organic all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla till smooth. Stir in the boiling water, mixing till smooth.
4. Divide batter evenly between the two pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then invert onto cooling racks.
5. Cool completely. Place one cake on a cake stand or serving tray. Spread about a cup of frosting on the top. Place the other cake on top. Frost sides and top of the cake. Serve immediately or cover and let sit overnight.
6. For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl till smooth, adding enough milk to get a spreadable consistency.