Summer is here! Celebrate the season with your favorite ripe berries with this simple, classic Triple Berry Shortcake.
- 1 3/4 cups of War Eagle Mill Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces whipped cream
- 1/3 cup sugar and 4 cups of assorted fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, egg, and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk to the creamed mixture until it's mixed.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x9 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Place sliced strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, and 1/3 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To make individual berry trifles, cut the cake into small squares. Place a few cake squares in the jar, followed by fruit, and topped with whipped topping. Repeat until full. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- To serve in cake form, spread the berry mixture over the top of the cake, then spread the whipped cream on top. Refrigerate about two hours before serving.