The cooler Autumn weather gets everyone cravin’ heart-warming soup with a side of bread for dipping, of course! With just a hint of basil, Mom’s trusty soup recipe may have met its match!
- Puree tomatoes into little chunks in a food processor.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions until soft. Stir in all-purpose flour.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and half & half.
- When smooth and creamy, add all seasonings.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, simmer for 20 minutes. Add additional seasoning to taste.
- Enjoy with freshly made bread, hot rolls, or cornbread.