A simple dish that will impress! Lemony caper and white wine sauce tops corn flour encrusted tilapia filets.
- 4 large (6-8 oz) or 8 small tilapia filets
- 1 cup WEM Organic Yellow Corn Flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp capers
- Dry fish with a paper towel and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine cornflour, garlic salt, and paprika and put on a plate or pie pan.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat until butter begins to sizzle.
- Meanwhile, dredge fish in cornflour mixture, shaking off excess. Put in hot oil.
- Pan-fry the fish until golden brown.
- Turn and cook the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add wine, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in the lemon juice and capers and cook 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and stir in the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Spoon the sauce over the tilapia. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve with rice and lightly steamed broccoli or asparagus.