How can cupcakes get any better? With a heart-shaped strawberry in the middle, that’s how! Surprise your sweetheart with these strawberry cupcakes!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Preserves
- Wash strawberries and remove stems and leaves.
- Slice in half vertically.
- Take a small knife and cut out a “V” on the top of the strawberry to shape the fruit into a heart.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the water until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in strawberry preserves.
- Spoon batter into the liners. Fill only halfway.
- Insert strawberries vertically, so they stand up in the batter.
- Top it off with more batter until the strawberry is covered.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
Combine all icing ingredients, except for sprinkles, in a bowl, and stir.
Top cupcakes with icing and then shake sprinkles on top.