Made with whole wheat and honey, this flavorful muffin is a fruit and vegetable combo that even the kids will love!
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small unpeeled apple, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 large carrots, grated (1 cup)
- Grate carrot.
- Grate apple.
- Coat 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- in a medium-size bowl, combine powdered milk, baking powder, salt, spices, and flour.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Stir in honey, oil, vanilla, apple, and carrots.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients stirring just until blended.
- Spoon into muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched with fingertip.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This is a great recipe to double, bake and freeze 1/2 the batch for later… like when unexpected company arrives!
Add a simple cream cheese frosting to turn these into birthday cupcakes! Beat 8 ounces cream 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla till smooth. Spread on cool muffins.