An all time favorite cookie with a snap of sorghum flavor!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sorghum molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup white sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, oil, sorghum and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir into the sorghum mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar then place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until center is firm. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Note: Feel free to roll out dough onto a floured surface and use a cookie cutter to make fun cookie shapes!