A savory pancake packed with chopped veggies and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy it any time of the day!
- 1/2 cup WEM Multi-Grain Pancake Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (low fat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
Hands-on Time: 12-15 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield: About 15 pancakes
- Grate zucchini and chop peppers.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine pancake mix, basil, red pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir in buttermilk and oil mixing until blended.
- Fold in bell pepper and zucchini.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
- When the griddle is hot, drop batter by tablespoonfuls and spread into 2-inch rounds.
- Cook until the bottom is golden (about 3 minutes), flip and cook another side.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Zucchini pancakes are delicious served with low-fat or nonfat cream cheese and fresh salsa.
These make good appetizers too!