Choose Savory over Sweet this morning! Change up your ol’ pancake routine and add bacon to the batter! All of our pancake mixes have less than 2 grams of sugar per serving, so you can make them sweet or savory!
- 1 cup WEM Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup water (add up to 1/4 cup extra in case batter is too thick)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1-2 Tbsp extra
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped + 1-2 Tbsp extra
- 5 Strips of bacon, fried and crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- Fry up bacon strips in a skillet until crispy. Chop finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the Buckwheat Pancake Mix, oil, and water.
- Add the cheddar cheese, and green onions to the bowl and stir everything together.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of bacon into batter.
- Lightly butter a skillet and then warm it up on medium heat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle at a time, and then sprinkle pieces of bacon over the top each pancake.
- Then add just a few pieces of green onion and a light sprinkle of cheese to give it some color on that side.
- Cook each pancake until you start to see the bubbles popping on top, then flip it over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side or until the outside is slightly brown.
- Repeat for each pancake until the batter is gone.
- Top each pancake with some extra crumbled bacon, cheddar, and green onions.
- Serve with salsa, hot sauce, or maple syrup. Enjoy!