A great carry along breakfast!
- ½ pound lean pork or turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup water
Hands-on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 18
Yield: 12-15, 2-inch biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Brown sausage and drain well. Let cool.
- Cut butter or oil into the biscuit mix with a cutter or your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over-process. Usually, about 5 pulses will do.)
- Stir in cheese and sausage.
- Add water and stir just until dough forms.
- Turn out on a floured board. Fold over twice.
- Roll or pat out to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or cut in 2-inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Place on a baking sheet with biscuits touching.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.