A whole-grain raspberry muffin with a hint of chocolate sweetness. Oh, so good!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and milk.
- Microwave on high until the oats are creamy and tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, bran, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to blend.
- Add honey, oil, lime zest, oats mixture, and egg. Beat just until moistened but still slightly lumpy.
- Mix in chocolate chunks. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.