Sweet, crunchy, and tangy! A delicious picnic salad or hearty side with roast turkey or pork chops.
- 1 cup organic quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water (may use vegetable or chicken broth)
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and diced
- 1 red, yellow or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: As a side dish 4-6
- Rinse quinoa in cold water, rubbing lightly with your fingers, and drain through a fine sieve.
- Bring water to boil and add quinoa. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork; let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, sweet potato and bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and cayenne pepper. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and other seasonings of your choice, to taste.