A delicious buttery cookie with just enough pecans!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and salt, beating just until blended.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each portion into 2 (1 1/4-inch-thick) logs (about 12 inches long).
- Wrap in parchment paper, and cover and chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Now preheat oven to 325°.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, and place 1/2 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!