Nutty and creamy!
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened- low-fat is fine
- 3/4 cup honey or brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour, OR WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour OR 1/2 of each
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or peanuts
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24-2" squares
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, honey, or sugar and peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to cream cheese mixture stirring well.
- Mix in oats, peanut butter chips, and nuts.
- Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
A healthy after school snack the kids will love!