- 3/4 cup honey or sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or healthy margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest or 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 8-ounce carton peach yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour, OR WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, or 1/2 of each.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Hands-on Time: 15-20 minutes
Baking Time: 55-60 minutes
Total Time: 1-1/2 hours
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat a 10 inch Bundt pan heavily with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream honey or sugar and butter with a whisk or on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes: remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
For an elegant dessert, slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of peach or raspberry sorbet.