Start fresh with War Eagle Mill Pecan Cinnamon Pancake Mix or use breakfast leftover pancakes, peanut or almond butter, and your favorite fruit spread. A welcome addition to your kid’s lunch box.
- 1 cup WEM Pecan Cinnamon Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp melted butter, coconut or vegetable oil
- Peanut or almond butter
- Your favorite all-fruit spread, jam or jelly
Yield: 6, 6-inc pancake roll-ups
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Have non-stick vegetable spray ready.
- Combine pancake mix, water, and oil. Mix till smooth. The batter will be thinner than the regular pancake batter.
- When the griddle is hot, (drops of water will “dance” on the surface!) spray or coat lightly with veg oil. For 6 ” pancakes, use 1/3 cup batter.
- Cook 1 1/2-2 minutes on the first side or until bubbles cover the surface.
- Flip the pancake and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
To make roll-ups, spread a thin layer of nut butter on the second side of pancake and top lightly with fruit spread. Roll up from one side to the other. Eat! Or wrap and save for lunch or an after school snack.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Instead of jam or jelly, top nut butter with golden raisins or dried cranberries