A tasty change from wheat bread French toast!
- 4 slices leftover cornbread
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Hands-on Time: 5-7 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- In shallow deep-dish beat eggs.
- Stir in orange juice, milk cinnamon, and salt.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium heat. Add butter to melt.
- Split cornbread slices, soak in egg mixture until absorbed but not mushy on both sides.
- Gently shake excess liquid from cornbread and fry on a griddle until golden brown, turning once.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with maple syrup, honey, or sorghum.