Perfect with a cup of coffee or hot tea.
- 1- 16 ounce can or jar of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup warm honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and grated rind of 1/2 lemon.
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 7 X 11-inch baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl combine applesauce, oil, honey, and egg substitute or whites. Blend well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in raisins or dried cranberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Drizzle honey icing over cake while still warm.