Prepare this quick and easy breakfast the night before for a delicious, nutritious, “get moving” morning! The flavor possibilities are limitless!
For each serving:
- 1/4 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk (soy, almond, rice, coconut, will work great)
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, plain or fruit-flavored
- 1 tsp War Eagle Mill Whole Flax Seed or Meal
- 1/4 tsp your choice of flavoring (ie: cinnamon, vanilla, almond extract, cocoa, lemon juice/zest)
- 1 tsp, your choice, sweetener (honey, maple syrup, stevia, fruit-only spread) (can omit if using sweetened yogurt)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your choice of diced fresh, frozen or dried fruit*
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine ingredients by shaking together in a covered pint jar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add fruit and stir to combine.
*most fruits (especially dried) can be added the night before. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Try these fruit and flavor combinations with unsweetened Greek yogurt.
- 1/4 cup blueberries, 2 Tbsp chopped pecans, 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup diced banana, 1 tsp honey, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup diced apple, 1 tsp honey, 1 Tbsp walnuts, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup fruit-only raspberry spread, 1/4 tsp vanilla
Make up your own combos. The possibilities are endless!