A very attractive and tasty “company” cornbread!
Hands-on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron (or ovenproof) skillet or 11X13 inch baking pan in the oven while preheating to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Chop onions.
- Combine wet ingredients and vegetables in another bowl reserving cheese and butter for the last step.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in cheese.
- When the oven is preheated and the skillet is hot, remove from oven and coat with the 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- Pour in batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes