No matter your age, lollipops are always an option! Dig out those childhood memories and give these lollipop cookies a try!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- assorted colors of paste food coloring
- 20 – 24 lollipop sticks
- In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths. Tint each with different food colors. We chose blue, green and yellow.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pinch off 3/4 inch from the blue dough. Roll into a ball. Pinch of the same from the green and yellow dough.
- Roll each color into separate balls.
- Take all 3 balls and gently roll them together to create 1 large ball.
- Gently use the palm of your hands to shape dough into a 12-inch long roll (like a snake).
- Starting at one end, coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie.
- Place cookies 3 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.