Over-sized and wildly delicious chocolate chip cake muffins. So good only grandma could have made them!
- 2 and 1/2 cups of War Eagle Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature OR substitute with plain or vanilla yogurt of your choice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature OR substitute with 2 teaspoons of white vinegar and 3/4 cup of milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, OR your favorite chips
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 18 Minutes
Total Time: 28 Minutes
Yield: 12 Perfectly DELICIOUS Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in butter and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to remove batter from the sides & add in sour cream (or yogurt), and buttermilk (or vinegar & coconut milk).
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in your favorite variety of chocolate chips.
- To achieve big and gorgeous muffins, be sure to fill your muffin cups to the tippy top.
- Bake your muffins at 425F degrees for approximately 18 minutes or until the middle no longer sticks to a toothpick.
- Allow muffins to cool for several minutes before transferring to a plate or cooling rack.
- Pour yourself a glass of milk or your favorite beverage and ENJOY! You worked hard!