A delicious mix of fresh fruit, heavenly cream, and fluffy cake. This homemade dessert will wow even your most picky eaters!
- 1 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups War Eagle Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 2.5 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Large Egg Whites (from approx. 10 Large Eggs)
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2, 8-ounce containers of Cool Whip (optional) or 16-ounce container of Dairy-Free Whipping Cream
- Raspberries, Strawberries, and Blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using either a hand or stand mixer, beat egg whites on medium-high speed until they are quite frothy and can form soft peaks.
- Add in cream of tartar, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Carefully add in whisked dry ingredients with the beaten egg whites with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 10″ tube or bundt pan of your choice and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350ºF or until the top of your cake is a beautiful golden brown color.
- Once the cake is done, cool it upside down using the legs on your tube pan or on top of two cans.
- Once it’s completely cool, gently run a knife along the edges before removing it from the pan.
- Add a layer of cool whip to the top or Dairy-Free whip and layer the berries to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional: Add American Flags to the top for an extra festive touch! These small flags can be found at party and home decor shops!