Buttermilk pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavor.
• ½ cup White sugar
• 1 tsp Baking soda
• 2 tsp Baking powder
• ½ tsp Salt
• 1/3 cup Unsalted butter (melted)
• 1 ½ cup Buttermilk
• 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
• 2 Large eggs
1. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: the flour, white sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
2. Add the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using a wire whisk, fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. The consistency of the batter will be thick. However, if you find it to be too thick, add a few tablespoons of buttermilk or milk.
3. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
4. In the meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush it with some butter. Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the hot pan. When you see bubbles start to appear all over the surface, flip the pancake, using a spatula. Cook until golden, about 15-20 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Top with your favorite syrup, fruit and whipped cream.