- 1 pound of your favorite fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour or WEM Unbleached Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup milk (low-fat is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash or few grinds of pepper
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Hands-on Time: 15-20 minutes
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat an 8 X 8-inch casserole or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add spinach and onion. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir in marjoram.
- Put spinach in the pan and arrange fish on top.
- In a small saucepan, mix flour with 1/4 cup milk. Whisk until blended. Pour remaining milk in saucepan and heat slowly, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and Wheat Germ.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned and the mixture is bubbly about 10 minutes