Keep this dough in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and bake fresh for dinner.
Hands-on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: Up to 7 days!
Yield: 36 rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together honey or sugar and oil.
- Add egg, salt, yeast, and warm water.
- Stir in whole wheat flour, mixing well.
- Mix in all-purpose flour to make a moderately sticky dough; mixing with your hands using a kneading motion in the mixing bowl.
- Place in an oiled or sprayed bowl with a tight-fitting lid, turning over once to coat the dough with oil.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for up to 7 days.
- To bake, take the desired amount of dough out of the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- To prepare rolls, pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and form into balls with buttered hands.
- Grease muffin pans, baking pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place dough in pan. Rolls will have soft sides if placed close together, crusty if spread apart.
- Cover, set in a warm place and let rise about 1-1/2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush tops with butter and remove from pan.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve fresh out of the oven with your main dinner course!