Looking for the perfect dish for your next potluck or picnic? This casserole is a crowd-pleaser. Delicious hot or cold. Bake ahead and take along!
- 3 egg whites
- 8 ounces cream cheese (regular or low-fat), softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fine onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fine red bell pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Hands-on Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat an 11 X 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, cream cheese, and butter or oil.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, and corns, mixing well.
- Add Cornbread Mix, sugar, and pepper mixing just until blended.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.