Orange sweet potatoes give these easy-to-make biscuits a sweet taste and a beautiful orange color. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
- 1 3/4 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 2 Tbsp light-brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together biscuit mix and sugar.
- Whisk in mashed sweet potato and buttermilk.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, shape into a disk, and pat to an even 1-inch thickness.
- With a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits as close together as possible.
- Gather together scraps, and repeat to cut out more biscuits. Line biscuits in a greased 9×11 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then brush on melted butter.
- Bake for 3 more minutes or until golden brown.