Fast, sweet, and yummy!
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, margarine or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons fruit jam (WEM Blueberry, Strawberry, Double Berry, and Apricot are especially good)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened, (low-fat works great!)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 Danish
Make filling and glaze and set aside
Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stir together biscuit mix and sugar.
- Cut butter or oil into the mix with a pastry cutter or in a food processor until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet.
- Make a shallow well in the center of each biscuit with the back of the spoon.
- Fill with 1 teaspoon cream cheese filling and 1 teaspoon fruit jam on top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden.
- While warm, drizzle with glaze.