Multigrain, dense, and delicious!
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes.
Total Time: 2 1/2-3 hours including rising time
Yield: 1 large loaf
- In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, cracked wheat, soy flour, flax meal, oats, yeast, and salt.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth,7-10 minutes.
- Place in a clean, oiled bowl turning once to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Coat a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into loaf and place in pan.
- Mix together egg white and water and brush over top of the loaf.
- Mix flax seeds and oats and sprinkle over the egg wash.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 35 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.