- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1-1/2 cups water
Hands-on Time: 20-25 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12" round
Servings: 4 to 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 12-inch pizza pan or an 11 X 14-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir Cornbread Mix, sugar, egg and water together.
- Spread in pizza or baking pan. The batter should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 8-10 minutes and remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, brown meat, and onion in a large skillet.
- Stir in taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on cornbread crust, then meat, then 2nd cup of cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sliced avocado, pinto beans, sour cream, and your favorite salsa!