War Eagle Mill Cornbread Mix makes this all-in-one meal a kid-friendly snap to make!
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 package all-natural hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Saute onion and celery in the butter for two minutes.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2 inch rounds and saute in the same skillet until lightly browned.
- Combine with onions and celery.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture from the bowl and set aside.
- Add the egg, water, sage, and peppers to hot dogs.
- Stir in cornbread mix and 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix together and spread into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with the extra cup of hot dog mix and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Make a sauce of 3 Tbsp brown mustard and 1 Tbsp mayonnaise to spread on top.