Celebrate National Chili Day with a big delicious bowl of War Eagle Mill Chili!
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne-optional
- 1 15 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 16 oz of Anasazi Beans
- Wash beans.
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef, is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, beans, diced tomatoes (with their juice), and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Then reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili. Cook until the beans are firm but not hard, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with your favorite toppings.