Hot out of the oven-drizzled with glaze, yum!
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 minutes`25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 large biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine biscuit mix, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter or oil and cut in with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over process. Usually about 5 pulses will do.)
- Add raisins and toss to coat.
- Add milk and stir just until moistened.
- Roll or pat dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or for square biscuits cut with a sharp knife.
- Put in ungreased baking pan placing biscuits close together.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- While biscuits are baking combine glaze ingredients.
- When biscuits are golden brown, remove from oven and drizzle with glaze while hot.