Enjoy this hearty breakfast idea! Instead of your traditional oatmeal, this recipe cooks up millet berries and swirls in cinnamon and honey. Top the milletmeal with blueberries and chopped apples. Yum!
- 1 cup organic 1% low-fat milk (other options: almond, rice or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup organic millet berries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped up
- other preferred fruit
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 tsp raw honey
- Combine milk, water and millet berries in a medium saucepan.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries, apples, other fruit, and cinnamon.
- Transfer to bowls and top with pecans.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each serving.