A county fair winner and a country-style breakfast treat!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups WEM Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Hands-on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 to 12
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray a 9 X 11-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using 1/2 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, sprinkle onto pan bottom and sides until well coated.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine Cornbread Mix and baking soda.
- Make a well in the dry mixture.
- Stir in eggs, oil, and buttermilk and mix well.
- Pour batter into coated pan.
- Top with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Slice into wedges. Split pieces and spread with butter.