Enjoy a fun chocolatey twist to the traditional Strawberry Short Cake experience!
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb strawberries
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together biscuit mix, cocoa, and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Add in milk and water until batter is wet and sticky.
- Place large spoonfuls of batter on to cookie tray.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut each strawberry into four pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add sugar to strawberries and gently mix.
- Chill a large bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pour cold heavy whipping cream into a cold bowl.
- Beat cream with an electric beater for 10 minutes or until peaks form.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat for another minute.
- Add scoopfuls of whipped cream to cooled chocolate shortcake.
- Top with strawberry mixture and enjoy!