Enjoy the tasty combination of whole grain, chocolate and tart raspberries!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups raspberries
- 2 Tbsp local honey
- 2 Tbs hot water
- ¼ cup WEM Red All-Fruit Raspberry Spread, melted
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat 9-inch square Graniteware Pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, ½ cup of the sugar, ¼ cup of the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl mix 1 cup of yogurt, oil, and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Fold in egg whites until no streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle 1 cup of berries on top of batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan, then let cool completely before topping.
- In a small bowl, mix the preserves, and the remaining ½ cup of yogurt.
- In another small bowl mix the honey, water, and remaining ¼ cup of cocoa.
- Cut the cake into twelve squares and top with yogurt and chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with remaining ¼ cup raspberries.