These delicious cookies have JUST the right combination of crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside amazingness and of course big notes of chocolate, butter, and just the right hit of salt.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour, WEM Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour or 1 cup of each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1- 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25- 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Add beaten eggs mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, oatmeal, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Bring on the milk!