Fruity, nutty, and chocolaty. Three of our favorite food groups all together in one easy to make cake!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or healthy margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted WEM Organic Whole White Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-15 ounce can fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Baking Time: 40-45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 12 to 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 11 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients (except nuts) into the butter mixture.
- Add fruit cocktail and chocolate chips. Stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over top of batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on rack
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla or coffee ice cream.