This cookie will be the star at your next cookie exchange! Who can beat the combination of chocolate and peppermint? Give ’em a bite!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix cream sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and water and beat until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a big ball, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour crushed candy canes into a shallow bowl.
- Unwrap dough ball. Pinch off and roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Push the top of dough ball onto candy cane pieces to cover just the top.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until they are set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.