A super simple drop biscuit with a hot-smokey flavor and a mild creamy texture. A spicy and winning combination that is especially good with soups and salads!
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped *
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- *Jalapeno Pepper, fresh or pickled, can be substituted for the Chipotle Pepper
Hands-on Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 18 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop peppers very fine.
- Combine biscuit mix and sugar in a medium-size bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into biscuit mix with a pastry cutter or fork. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over-process. Usually, about 5 pulses will do.)
- Add peppers and stir
- Add milk and stir just until moistened.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Drop biscuits are extra quick and easy!
Try using a teaspoon to drop biscuits for a bite-size appetizer that will give your taste buds a wake-up call!