What is better than homemade Chicken Enchiladas that are completely made from scratch? These Chicken Enchiladas are juicy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
- 2 cups of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.5 cups of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 5 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of War Eagle Mill Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 jar of War Eagle Mill Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- Cook chicken by preferred method, boil, bake, or using a rotisserie chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Add the cooked chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork.
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and taco seasoning, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of Avocado Tomatillo Salsa and sour cream.
- Remove pot from heat.
- In each tortilla shell add in some chicken and cheese mixture. Roll up and place in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes and then high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Use remaining Avocado Tomatillo Salsa as a condiment on the side.