Chocolaty, whole grain goodness!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons or 1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Hands-on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 16-18 brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 X 9-inch baking pan.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate and butter together. Stir in honey and let cool. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and salt then add to chocolate mixture.
- Blend in nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the top is dry or almost firm to the touch.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
For a complimentary combination, serve brownies with hot or cold spearmint tea.