Everyone knows that white cornmeal makes great cornbread but it’s even better in a dessert! Its natural sweetness makes for great Cherry Cobbler. Go ahead, give it a taste!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour in butter and buttermilk and stir to combine, mixing only until no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Transfer cherry filling mixture into a 9 or 10 inch round pie baking dish.
- Drop dollops of topping onto the cherry mixture, forming a roughly even layer.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cherry filling is thick and bubbly and the biscuit topping is golden brown.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow the juice to thicken up. Serve warm.